Thursday, February 19, 2009

Setting up my music space

Well I've purchased a Yamaha DGX-500 Digital Grand - I thought it would be a digital piano, but when I went to see it, it turned out to be a very nice keyboard that screws onto a sturdy stand and has its own bench.  It doesn't have weighted keys, which is what would make it a digital piano in my mind; however, it has a display screen that shows the notes I'm playing on a music staff which I find helpful, so that was the deciding factor for me in getting this.  I parked it in Jill's room and the kids spent an hour playing it before I kicked them out.

It feels really good to have a space to create music.  I know that with a guitar, practically any place can be space to create music, but I grew up having a piano room to create in, and even if I have to share this one with Jill's bed (which she doesn't use anyway) and a few toys, that's alright with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment