The good news is that now I have purchased 2 licenses for Noteworthy Composer. As it turns out Erin didn't have good music notation software to use, so I told her she could use one of my licenses. I'm only one person, after all, and at the moment I'm unable to use either license. Maybe I will be hand-scoring my music after all (for a while) and sending it to Deven in the snail mail. SAD! This is 2009! Isn't it? ISN'T IT?
Friday, February 20, 2009
A small victory
I just learned that I'll get a 100% refund for the software debacle. I was shipped an academic/institutional version of Finale 2009 which I'm unable to use because the academic affiliation must be proven before the program can even be installed and set up! The seller wouldn't help me, so after 3 weeks I took it to amazon.com, and they had me ship it to them. I was worried about not getting a full refund because Evan had ripped the box open, but to my relief I did get the whole amount. Now I wonder if the seller purposely shipped the academic version to pocket the extra $200? No way to tell for sure, I guess. Anyway, I ordered the software again on amazon.com, this time through another seller. I like the amazon.com A to Z guarantee. I don't feel like I'm taking a chance ordering this expensive software through them, because they came through on the guarantee the first time and protected me. My only issue now *sigh* is that expedited shipping isn't available, so the software is scheduled to arrive no later than March 16. I originally set out to get this on January 2! Yeah, not only is my 2-month deadline blown to hades, late Spring is now probably out of the question. I haven't had luck with any of the music software on Shane's computer or on my laptop, to my chagrin. I guess Windows Vista is not backwards compatible? I don't know. All I know is that none of the software I bought would install to either computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment