But I digress. I never changed my surname to McLaurin, legally. I ended up getting married and now my last name is Pulley. So what should I do? If you're reading this, register in and let me know what you think. Should I use my married name and go with Trish Pulley or stick to the plan and go with Trish McLaurin? I identify with my grandmother's side of the family, with my Irish heritage, and love the name. I think it suits my musical style well. Then again I have married into the Pulley family and love that name, too. I guess I should pray about it and... well... ask my husband his opinion!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
So... what's in a name, anyway?
When I was younger I knew I wanted to be a recording artist, but I never liked my name that much: Tricia Sturgis. It didn't sound like a professional name to me. I actually wanted to change my last name to McLaurin, which is a family name on my mother's side, and shorten my first name to Trish. Trish McLaurin seemed like just the thing. And yes, I've already heard the speeches from my sister and mother about spelling Trish with the "sh" spelling when my given name is the "ci" spelling. To this I say... blech! I would constantly be correcting people pronouncing Trich like a word that rhymes with "stitch" - and telling them, "No, it's Trich, like MICHigan!" No, I'm not going to do that every day of my life. Trish it is. I like it that way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment