A friend of a friend is an expert in helping people draw up business plans. I have a strong idea of what I'm doing, but I need to have a plan on paper that will make business sense, so I'm hoping to acquire his services. Just verbally telling my bankers about my plan (launching the CD on my site, CDBaby, and iTunes, simultaneously with the songbook, sheet music downloads for piano, guitar and full orchestration) really impressed them. They were especially interested in the financial reasons I chose to start a record label as a business to launch my CD on (and a publishing company for the sheet music). Based on my strong plans and the research I had done, they pulled some strings for me to help make my dream happen, and fast! They all know me by name now and usher me right in to sit down and take care of my business regardless of whoever else is in the bank (most of them are heading for the teller windows anyway).
I'm still considering the company in India but I'm also considering other companies and individuals who could do my Flash site. They all have impressive examples to show and they all have the potential to do a great job. It's a difficult decision to make! More soon. Curly girl is in need of her mother!

No comments:
Post a Comment