"Give me an assignment," I said, "and I'll write it tonight." Without hesitation she rattled off a scenario that I need to write about, in the key of D flat. Major or minor, she didn't specify. I'm thinking minor. We'll see. I have some ideas already written that are along the lines of her topic. She wants me to write about a woman who is faced with a situation where the man who is everything she ever wanted (but not necessarily everything she needed) is now offering her the world. OK, that sounds cliche now that I have written it out. Imagine that the man has already broken her heart and left her, and she knows better, but despite what her head tells her, Bad Boy is all that her broken heart could ever desire. There's a lot of latitude with this situation. Will she follow her heart and destroy the lives of everyone she knows including her own? Does she let that ship sail on, even though it is her greatest, and perhaps only, desire? Does she try to find some balance, with one foot on the shore and one in the water? So many people can relate to this type of situation. I can. It shouldn't be hard to write about.
In fact, some of my recent work fits right in to this scenario, or could with a little massaging... "All the King's Horses" comes to mind, as does "Sail On." I'm off to the music room, and look forward to calling Erin tomorrow with my homework! I wonder... what will my grade be?!

No comments:
Post a Comment