Friday, December 5, 2008

If I cover anything...

My plan is to create a CD of all-original material.  HOWEVER, I do reserve the right to put a cover or two in it.  The one I really want to do is a gorgeous tune from the musical The Secret Garden called "How Could I Ever Know?"  My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson, so I might put some of her words to music, or cover an arrangement we did at Olivet College in choir of "Heart, We Will Forget Him."  I haven't been lucky enough to locate this amazing piece yet, though if I end up spending a week there writing, I'll see if someone will let me check the choral library to see if it's still there.  So anyway, don't be surprised to see a cover or two on my project.  I'm not sure if I could get the necessary permissions in time for the 2-month deadline, though.  I'll look into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment