Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The plans are written in Sharpie!

Ramona, my old piano prof at Olivet, got back with me, as did the new department head and the news is good!  I'm scheduled to be at the conservatory December 15-19 from opening till closing (or possibly beyond closing if I'm still inside when the doors are locked at 5:00 p.m.).  Ramona and Judy, their secretary who was there doing a different job when I was in college, are looking forward to seeing me Monday!  I can't wait to catch up with them, too!

I'll be using the practice rooms only.  Not only do I not know how to use the recording studio equipment, but there wouldn't be anyone there to help me, and anyway I don't need to record, I need to write the material for the album.  They also have a policy that I guess only active current students can use the recording studio.  That's alright!  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

My dear mother-in-law is scheduled to arrive Saturday the 13th and return to Utah on the 21st.  I am so appreciative!  She will be staying with Husband and the children to help keep them occupied.  My lovely assistant Shakia will be coming over every day to help with housework, errands and all the other stuff she helps with.  She's totally awesome!  I also asked her to help with this project.  She'll be handling all the logistics and hiring/paying of musicians during the recording process and all the office-type stuff.

I'm just amazed that this is really happening.  I'm really going to have a week dedicated to writing music!  Not only have I given myself permission to go ahead with this project, but everyone around me has given me permission, too.  Not that I needed it, but the show of support is so nice!  I will make the best of the time that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment