Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Jaime

I just love my niece Jaime.  She's 18 and has grown into an awesome young woman.  Not only that, she's talented!  I invited her to join me for a day in Olivet to collaborate on some music and she said it sounds like fun!  She's written some music for classroom assignments but that's about it.  She's played the flute for years and so I asked her to bring it with her.  Years ago I wrote a piece for flute and piano entitled "Jaime's Theme" and gave it to her.  Unfortunately, her sheet music was actually stolen at school (!) and I had it stored as an electronic file on a computer hard drive in another state so... anyway, who knows when we'll get that out again.  I guess I could re-do the sheet music for it but I don't want to.  I'm just glad she accepted my invitation to come and write and just see what comes out!  It will be fun and I'm sure she is amply talented to be a songwriter.  She may also end up playing some flute parts for my project.  YES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment