Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Little Disappointed

I'm a bit disappointed in myself.    I'm still going ahead with the project, just taking a few days to wallow in self-pity, I guess.   I have fallen prey to self-doubt that I could get this project done at all, and the 2-month deadline is officially blown.  There's obviously no way that could happen at this point.  I'm still waiting for the Finale software to arrive and that was supposed to be here the 6th!  I'm going to see if I can track down the delivery tracking number and find out what's going on.

This isn't an excuse but... every time I turn around the house is in disarray.  I can't create in chaos.  Rather than writing, I stay up late at night cleaning and doing laundry.  The next day I feel bad that nothing got written but the house looks better before the kids attack it again.

Shakia hasn't been able to come over as often as I need her help, and the effect is obvious.  She is our angel of peace!  I say this because peace follows wherever she goes in our house.   I can walk into a room after she's been through and just... exhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment