Monday, January 5, 2009

Your Cross

I talked to a dear person who shall remain anonymous at this time - because of the sensitivity of what she is going through - the person whose recent trials have inspired "Your Cross".  She's been through more than some people could bear in the last year or so, particularly lately.  I let her read the lyrics to the first part of "Your Cross" and she approved.  The jist of the song is that I can't take her burden from her, but I can help hold her up so that she can bear it herself.  Here's what I have at the moment:

If I could take this from you
This pain that you're going through
I'd gladly take your burden
And make you whole again
But you alone can bear your pain and loss
Your cross

My loved one also had many kind words of encouragement about this project, which of course I need at this point!  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment