Friday, January 16, 2009

Starting a Record Label

Hey, isn't the World Wide Web the handiest thing ever?  I typed "How do I start a record label?" into Google and found this article which explains in detail how to start a record label.  As it turns out, independent artists are effectively becoming a record label when they release their own music, whether or not they formally start their label as a business.  Good, I'm on the right track!  Seems there's lots of other interesting links to check out another time when it isn't 5 in the morning.  Good thing I've already had 5 hours of sleep!  I think at this point I could get up with the kids and give hubby a much-desired sleep-in.  Grady doesn't have school today so we can all stay in our pajamas.  I'll play my new song for the kids when they wake up!  Oh, Evan is sleeping on Jill's Tinkerbell couch in the living room tonight.  I have been sitting on the couch, alternately playing my guitar (softly) and typing on my laptop.  At one point he sat up, but remained asleep.  He would start to slump over, catch himself, start to fall over the other way, catch himself again... this went on for like 5 minutes.  I was laughing so hard that I'm surprised he didn't wake up!  Now he's comfortably laying down again and doesn't seem bothered in the least by my small amount of noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment