Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wholeness of Heart!

I can't believe this!  I decided to buy a new wallet today.  While transferring my cards, stamps and other miscellany into the new wallet, I discovered a piece of paper that I'd stuffed into the nether regions of the old wallet.  I pulled out the paper, unfolded it and exclaimed, "I forgot all about this song.  This is a good one!"  There in red ink with purple chord notations was my song, "Wholeness of Heart."  It isn't dated, but I know I wrote it when we lived in Utah, probably around 2005.  I was writing it about my reaction to Shane's marriage proposal.

If you will hold me
With loving kindness
Need me more than you need breath
If you will love me
With no end or start
And a wholeness of your heart
And a wholeness of heart

If I ever wrote a love song, this is it.  Of course, I remember the tune now that I see what I wrote and I could sort this out with a little time at a piano or keyboard because I have the chord notations.  I'm so excited to see this!

This reminds me of something Chara suggested.  I told her that I have 3 boxes of precious things left in Utah, and that I believe I have my 200 or so songs that I wrote in high school among those things, plus a plethora of song ideas, many of which are really good.  I always got the best song ideas while dreaming and during periods of prolific creativity I would wake up with a new idea every day.  But I digress.  Chara said that getting the songs and ideas from the precious things boxes would be critical to getting this album done.  Actually, I really feel it will be the watershed moment for the project and a huge turning point in my life - coming back to myself, writing again, and reconnecting with music I wrote eons ago but haven't played in forever.

I sent a mail to my mother-in-law asking her when she can come back, but Shane suggested instead that I take Jill and make a trip to Utah.  I can get the precious things, spend some time writing and the family can meet the baby.  Maybe if I do that I can spend some time with Erin!  I'll have to find out what she is up to these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment