Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Software

Well I was freezing so I decided to go outside and check the mail (it's 22 degrees outside).  That way, when I came back in, I would appreciate how warm it is in here.  That worked.  I was also pleased that some of the software I ordered, a program called Lyricist, had arrived.  Now I feel like an idiot, though: it doesn't work on Macs!  I'm not used to having this limitation.  I'm probably going to have to get Virtual PC on this Macbook because there are programs (and games) out there that I want to use but can't.

Shane's computer is sitting over there.  I guess I can install Lyricist on that.  Grr.  Oh and Noteworthy Composer doesn't work on Macs (unless it's used in conjunction with Virtual PC).  I had to re-order Tabledit for Macintosh because they sell it as a separate product from the Windows version!  Blech!  At least I got a discount.  Ah well, I now have two licenses - one for each computer in the home.

Finale is on the way.  I think it will be here later today.  That's the program I'll be doing the bulk of my work in, so I'm both thrilled that it's coming and daunted by the learning curve ahead.  I've used Finale before but it was years ago and I certainly wasn't a power user then!

Well since I can't use my cool new program (apart from installing it on Hubby's machine) I guess I'll go to bed.  It's my morning to sleep in, thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment