Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Amazing things!

My college guitar instructor told me about DiscMakers and suggested getting my CDs done through them.  According to Roger, they'll not only deliver a product as good as anything you'd get from Sony, they also have packages that include the bar code, CD Baby pre-registration, iTunes setup, and registration with GraceNotes and other services (so when people pop your CD into the computer, the titles and artist info will fill in).  That is so great!  I went to the DiscMakers web site and put together a quote for what I think I will need.  When the project nears completion, I'm sure this will change, but it's good to know what this will cost.  They even do mastering and graphic design.  I'll keep that in mind!

The software is partially in place.  I still haven't received Finale, the big expensive one, but I now have TablEdit installed on my Mac and have begun wading through the tutorials and such.  The good thing about the project after this one is that I won't have to do this again, and I'll already have all the tools I need!

More song ideas keep piling in, so I'm taking them as they come, but it's harder to finish than to begin.  Still, I am filled with hope, and I'm excited for this journey, even though it is only beginning.

1 comment:

  1. PS I love my wife and belive in her :) I am so happy she is following her dreamsa and her heart :)

    ReplyDelete